Thursday, July 07, 2005

Update

All right, all right. I get the hint -- not so subtle. We had a pretty laid back three-day weekend. Some would call it boring but I think it was just right. Saturday we just took it easy and hung out around the house. We took Trea swimming (her second time). I think she likes it. I ended up watching an old John Candy movie called "Summer Rental" because there was nothing on and Trea and Kristen were napping. Just a random observation -- did every movie in the eighties have the same soundtrack? Sure seems like it -- they all sound the same. This from someone who actually likes a lot of eighties music.

Sunday we had my little brother Justin and his family over for dinner. It was a lot of fun because I hadn't seen him in a while and his kids (Joseph and Jacob) are getting big. Joseph talks all the time now and is hilarious. Every time he falls he stands up and says "tada" as if he had just performed a magic trick or something. Falling is pretty spectacular. He calls me "Non" -- that's my name. And he can't say "Trea" so she's "Tia" We had a great visit with all of them.

Monday was another home day. We started soritng all of our stuff into piles and boxes. 1. Stuff to keep (store somewhere) 2. Stuff to sell 3. Stuff to take with us to Maryland and Thailand 4. Stuff to return to people and 5. Stuff to throw away. It was actually a lot of fun. The kind of thing that you feel really good about when you're done. Trea's room has been a mess (storage) forever and now it actually looks decent. We are planning to have a yard sale at my sister's house the first two Saturdays in August. We are selling almost everything. It's weird to be getting rid of everything. I can't believe that we're so close to moving. I'm really excited.

Chantrea is into EVERYTHING. She can pull herself up fairly easily now and she wants to see everything. Just the other day she crawled into the bathroom and started opening the cabinets below the sink. I don't even think she's ever seen us open them. How does she even know that they're there? She's really starting to become aware of everything. She loves older kids and I just found out today got quite a kick out of my sister's little dog.

2 comments:

Zimm said...

6. Stuff to give Dylan.

Joel said...

7.Stuff to burn in a great blazing bonfire.