Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Good and Bad

I wrote this at work (during my break) and emailed it to myself to post later. I just remembered that I need to post it before going to bed so here it is.

Well the last few days have been some good and bad. Over the weekend I went camping and to visit my Grandma in southern Utah. Friday night we went camping with my younger brother, Justin and his family. We went to a camp site about a half hour away from my grandma's place. I had a really great time. We got rained on a little bit Saturday morning but it wasn't too bad. Also, up in that same canyon I finally found my first geocache, with Justin's help. It was really exciting. I left a few things and took a few, including a gift card to Walmart. I figured that it would have like 50 cents on it or maybe $5. I checked it Monday and it had $25!! How cool is that?! I gave half to Justin since he was the one who actually found it.

Anyway, we had a lot of fun visiting my Grandma. She is one of the coolest ladies I know. I could just sit and talk to her for hours. She's one of those people that never stops learning new things and is always curious. It's awesome. So we headed home Sunday night because I had to work Monday morning (even though half the rest of the state has Monday off for a state holiday). Monday we get to work and after some debating and unanswered calls from supervisors (to make a long story short) decide that we are supposed to be off. Our Ebay account said that the seller was away for a state holiday and wouldn't be back until the 26th. We took off after an hour and a half of work. Turns out we were supposed to have the day off but they FORGOT to tell us. I would have stayed longer at my Grandma's if they would have told us. Needless to say I was not happy -- none of us were.

Today we got donuts, chocolate milk, and OJ as penance for their forgetting to tell us. That was cool but just a few hours later I find out that I have to go back to my previous position TOMORROW (listing **** -- I mean books -- on Amazon.com) because August is a big textbook month. I was told that I probably won't be coming back here before I leave next month. I'm so ticked. I don't want to go back to standing all day and waking up at 5:00. Not to mention the drama over there -- someone's always upset with someone else, etc. etc.

I gotta give a big shout out to my good friend Joel and his wife Amelia for making our lives much easier on our trip back to Maryland. Amelia works for Marriott and helped us get some discounted rooms booked (with requests for cribs even). Hey Amelia, sorry if your phone starts ringing off the hook for requests.

This coming weekend we have a three day family reunion. Kristen's SO excited to go camping for three days (that's heavy sarcasm for the few of you who don't know that she's not a big camper) . We've never been out for more than one night since we've been married.

PS -- Joel I was flipping and ran across that R. Kelly opera on VH1 last night -- they were showing the whole thing. I could only watch the first act. I just couldn't take any more. It is pretty dang funny (in a not-meant-to-be sort of way).

2 comments:

Joel said...

I still don't think we've emailed you the final details, but we will.

That sucks about your job, man. I hate stupid employers.

Tha Docta said...

I see how it is...Joel gets all the love in PA and we don't even get a shout out for having you guys at our house. No, it's cool. Whatever. ;)