Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Winter (I guess it's technically spring) Sucks

It's my birthday!! "I'm the birthday king!" Well that' s enough of that.

So, last night we got five inches of snow. I never watch the weather forecast so I had no idea we were going to get dumped on but man do I hate it! Hello, winter's over let's bring on the nice warm spring weather. Speaking of snow I saw something really funny the other day although it probably won't be as funny in the retelling. About a week ago I looked out the window into our parking lot. It had snowed just a little bit (about a half inch on the ground). Anyway there in the parking lot was a skid mark (not a tire skid mark) about eight feet long with duck tracks at the end leading to a duck about five feet away. I guess the duck was coming in for a landing and probably slid and crashed on the parking lot! I wish I could have seen the actual landing! I don't know why I think it's so funny picturing a duck sliding and biting it on wet pavement, but I do.

Monday night Trea had a fever of 102.6 so we had to take her in to Urgent Care and found out that she probably has a urinary infection. I figured "okay so we put her on some antibiotics and that's it right." Luckily that is about it but the doctor said that usually under six months they admit to the hospital for urinary infections (because it can easily transfer to the bloodstream). After she checked Chantrea out she said that we could take her home because she looked really good. That was a little bit of a scare. She seems to be doing great now. Just have to keep her on the meds. for another 10 days.

My job cracks me up because we can't keep any new people. We had another new employee get fired the other day. I felt kind of bad for her because of how she found out. I guess our HR director was supposed to call her but she didn't. So the lady comes in to work but security won't let her upstairs because she doesn't work there any more. She did deserve to get fired but that's a horrible way to find out.

I can't wait to get out of Utah. I don't know when that will be but I'm looking forward to it!
I mean I can't wait to get off this space ship.

-----------------------------------end transmission--------------------------

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Johnny you crack me up. And happy Birthday! Hope yours is better than mine will be this year (with General Conference, 2 presentations next week, papers to grade, and a lot of research to do, I might as well not bother celebrating for another month).

Also, I think ducks are just kind of funny in general, so I dig your story.

Zimm said...

Happy birthday!

It was 72 degrees and sunny yesterday here in Indiana. :)

Glad Chantrea is okay!

Anonymous said...

come back johnny! come back!

Zimm said...

He can't send transmissions because he is in mouse-hibernation.