Friday, March 04, 2005

My life really IS boring

So here we are at another Friday. I've been so excited about this whole blogging thing that I've been wanting to post something else but I've really got nothing to post about. But I figure posting a nothing blog is acceptable if it's only once a week or less. Today I'm home with Trea and fortunately for me she's sleeping (otherwise I probably wouldn't be writing this right now).

So this week at work one of my co-workers got fired. She'd only been there a month but she was kind of lazy. Apparently she took an hour and a half lunch last week (on a day I wasn't there) which at our workplace is a no-no and I swear she was 15 minutes late almost everyday for that month. So, I wasn't terribly surprised to see her go. It's just been a while since I've seen someone get fired. Can you believe that it never happened at the MTC mailroom?

Trea's up now but she's watching ER reruns with me. So far so good (fingers crossed). She really is a lot of fun now. Smiles and laughs a lot. Especially just after she wakes up -- all smiles.

So, I think I've told some of you but we're going to see U2 (either in Seattle, Phoenix, or perhaps both). We have tickets to both but where we go is kind of depending on whether I get accepted into the AF. If I'm going into the AF and will be in training for the next year and a half (between Basic and Language Training) we will be willing to spend a little more money and time on a much needed vacation -- Seattle. If not it may be a quick trip to Phoenix.. The last scenario is if we get a signing bonus with the Air Force we could possibly go to both (I would LOVE that)!! Before I started talking with the AF I met with an Army recruiter. He told me about a kid who scored great on both the entrance exam and the language aptitude test and got a 20K signing bonus (spread out over a few years). The AF isn't as desparate so I don't know if I'll get anything from them but if I do . . . .

You know I really hate reality TV (nothing against those who like it) and I've never been able to put my finger on why. I read an article this week in the Parade magazine that kind of put into words why I hate it so much. You can read it here http://archive.parade.com/2005/0227/0227_shame.html (it won't be available until Monday)
Anyway, the article is about shame in our society (or lack thereof). Reality TV is shameless and that's why I hate it. Well, I think I'll come down from my soapbox now.

Well, that's it for now.

PS -- Fellow bloggers: how do I post a picture or graphic.?

2 comments:

Tha Docta said...

I do enjoy some reality TV, but I hate ER. Hate it.

Zimm said...

That's tricky...posting photos is a little more complicated. you either have to find a seperate host, upload them, then link to them (that's what I do, but it takes a little effort).

OR, you can download the program that Blogger has an agreement with. Then posting pics is almost as easy as blogging. I think it's called Picasa...if you search the blogger knowledge base, you can find out more.

Woot!