Sunday, January 04, 2009

Random Thoughts

Well, the fact of the matter is that I need to blog more often. I know that someone's gotta enjoy reading what I have to say. I mean I really enjoy it when my friends post. Joel you are an inspiration. Obviously I'm awful at following through but you do inspire me to want to post more. Despite the lack of posting I have had a lot going on the past few months. I'll just give you some highlights along with some other random thoughts for you to enjoy.

The curse has been broken!!! For those of you who don't know -- our car was cursed. It's had numerous mechanical problems since last November when we bought it for $4,000. In less than a year we put nearly $4,000 into repairs and that was just engine stuff. The auto locks didn't work and as such we were really bad at locking it at night (stupid). Consequently, the radio was stolen and on a separate occasion someone rifled through the glovebox but took nothing (as there was nothing in the car worth taking). Now, did we learn from these experiences? -- no! Our car was broken into again and this time stolen last month. If you want more details you can read about it on Kristen's blog. Anyway, we got it back about 24 hrs. after it was taken with no damage -- only our carseats were gone. Things seemed to be going back to normal. We had an enjoyable Christmas. We drove to my parents house Christmas Eve and spent the night. Christmas with small kids is so much fun. Adia had opened two gifts and decided that she was done with opening presents. I don't know why we got her more but we did. Anyway, back to the car -- I totalled it the day after Christmas. It snowed a ton on Christmas day and I had to go in to work the day after. The car I crashed into didn't have a ton of damage but our piece of junk was done for. When the collision center called with the estimate it was $8,000 and the mechanic emphasized that it was by no means final as there were areas of the engine he couldn't even access. I hope you aren't bored to tears; I realized I'm kind of rambling. So, we spent the weekend after Christmas car shopping. We bought a 2005 charcoal Toyota Camry and are loving it. We decided to bite the bullet and get a newer car that will hopefully have a lot of life left in it before we have to start doing a lot of repairs. I love driving it. It's nice to have "luxuries" like a stereo and automatic locks that work. Doesn't feel like it cursed yet - but it's probably too early to tell.

Random:

The Utah-Alabama game was awesome. I can't even begin to describe how awesome that game was. Utah didn't just beat Alabama but totally dominated them. I always love to see the underdog win especially when everyone pretty much writes them off.

Wall-E.: I know a lot of people didn't care for this movie but I LOVED IT!! I think it's actually my favorite Pixar movie. I know I'm going to take some heat for this but whatever. Had I watched it prior to Christmas I probably would have asked for it. I thought it was amazing how they could take a movie about two robots falling in love with hardly any dialogue and make it so universal.

Welcome 2009!!

2 comments:

Joel said...

Who doesn't like Wall-E? It was one of my favorites of 2008!

Also, this is the first time I've ever been called an inspiration. Keep it up!

Erin G. said...

That Utah game was definitely awesome to watch!