Monday, November 03, 2008

A bed to call my own.

Yeah, so I've set a goal to blog once a month. No, I'm not off to a great start for November but meant to do so in October (although I didn't really make the goal until about the 20th). I know, once a month sounds really bad but considering that I'm currently doing much less than that it is an improvement. Work is going well, although with the current economic situation things are getting tighter at the firm. Overtime is restricted unless approved by a partner. I'm not worried about losing my job yet, but things are getting different. I'm on the Christmas Party planning committee and we haven't panned the party or had to cut back too much so that's good. I'm still really enjoying my job.
This week was a pretty good one although I had a dentist appointment Wednesday morning and completely forgot about it until I got to the office - such an idiot! The rest of that day was kind of more of the same. Friday Kristen brought the kids to my office for our office Halloween activity and then they got to go trick-or-treating.
This morning I had an interview with a member of the Stake Presidency and . . . I'm now the assistant ward clerk (financial). I think it will be a good fit for me - pretty much only Sundays, doesn't require a whole lot of time, or being extremely outgoing. Looks like it might interfere with us going down to my parents' place on Sundays. Hopefully, we'll still be able to going some. Our meeting time will change in January and I think that we should be able to go down then.
Sports - Most of you know that I love to watch sports but I rarely blog about it. I've got to say that the Texas-Texas Tech game yesterday was one heck of a game!
I almost forgot to mention one of the greatest things about the week. Trea has slept in her own bed in her room for the past two nights (tonight will be the third)!!! The most surprising thing is that when Trea has woken up in the middle of the night and come into our room instead of asking to crawl into bed with us, she asks one of us to come in and lay by her. -- Awesome! So, so far it's been going well and I am loving having my bedroom back and being able to sleep next to my wife again. Hopefully, she'll get used to it and we won't have a big fight.

No comments: