Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My O My

So, as usual, here I sit ready to blog and all of the ideas that were flooding my brain have vanished into thin air. I had quite a few things to blog about but now I got nuthin.

My last assignment with the temp company ended last Friday. I figure I may be done for a couple of reasons. 1. We're doing all right financially and 2. I was planning on taking a week and a half off before leaving and the temp company usually takes nearly a week to get me something. So, I've got three weeks to get ready and spend time with family. That will be really nice since I won't see them for six weeks.

Last night we went to an O's game. It was so much fun!! It was my second MLB game ever and the other was a long time ago. My brother-in-law Mark got us some good seats from his company. We were on the box level between home and third. My in-laws took us out and treated. I love going to a baseball game. Watching on TV really isn't my thing but there's just something about being there. Of course, the fact that the O's won made it even better.

Today I got my visa back from the Thai embassy. I was happy to get it so quickly. I was a little worried that it wouldn't arrive until right before I left. Kristen has been in contact with the school and has worked out a deal to work three days a week in the kindergarten for 15,000 baht per month (I make 25,000 a month). As mentioned previously Chantrea will be able to go to the nursery for free. So, with 40K a month we should be doing all right. We'll probably pick up a few hours of private tutoring in the evenings too.

I worked out in the yard today and that was a lot of fun. I don't know why but I really like getting my hands dirty. I think I got that from my dad. He's a real green thumb. I think I'll be one of those people who loves to do yardwork (not mowing -- but planting and stuff like that) when I get older.

We're going to start advertising the car this weekend. I'm not really looking forward to that. I don't know why but I just hate stuff like that.

My parents are flying out to Maryland the end of April to see us before I take off for Thailand. I'm really looking forward to seeing them one more time.

I don't know if I've previously mentioned this but my niece, Lonna (she's just over two years old) calls Trea "shoo-shoo." We're not exactly sure where she came up with that. Every time she comes over it's: shoo-shoo? (ie where's Trea?). This one was good:

Me: Lonna, can you say Trea?
Lonna: Shoo-shoo
Me: Lonna, say Tray-uh. (drawn out)
Lonna: Shooooo-Shoooooo (drawn out)

Yeah, so it's probably a good thing that we're moving or that one could stick. Kristen has a cousin who approaching 20 who's still called "Scoob" by everyone. We don't need anything like that going on here.

We recently counted how many words she says and actually understands and the number was about 70. One of my favorites is "Moo-shoo." That's how she says lotion. Sounds like she wants Chinese food. Also, recently she's decided that everything needs to end in "ie." Her cousin, Bryce, is "Brycie." Her uncle Mark -- "Markie." Book = Bookie and Light = Lucky (?). She's a hoot.

After going back over this post I realized it's kind of lame but I'm too lazy to change it and I've put too much into it to completely erase it so here it is.

3 comments:

Zimm said...

It's not lame. Your last sentence is lame.

Shoo Shoo sounds like she's a riot! I wish we could see you guys one more time before you leave! Ah well, I'm excited for you.

Tha Docta said...

Yeah, how about you come out to Kokomo before you go?

That all reminds me that I need to write about Luke's words. That's also entertaining.

Joel said...

I'm definitely calling her Shoo-shoo everytime I see you now. I don't care if she's 25 years old. It's totally sticking.