Monday, June 27, 2005

Camping

We finally made it camping! We had a lot of fun. We just went for one night (Friday night) and we stayed fairly close to home -- just went to Timpanogas campground on the Alpine Loop. I figured, if you're camping with an eight month old, you're not going to do a whole lot of hiking, etc. so why drive four hours to camp? We just hung out, cooked hot dogs and smores over the fire. That was awesome because I had been craving smores for like a month. It was nice just to get away from everything. That's what camping is all about. Kristen's still not a camper but . . . She has fun it's just not on the top of her list of things to do. Oh well.

We watched Ladder 49 this evening. It was pretty good. Of course, we had heard that it was sad so I figured that the main character dies in the end (Sorry for those who haven't seen it but seriously you can see it coming a mile away anyway). I thought the acting was pretty good and there were plenty of intense moments but I'm just not a big fan movies that are all just a bunch of flashbacks.

Last week at work was kind of interesting with most of the people above me out. Aimee, who's been in the department for about five months or so more than me got to answer all the phone calls. She was a stress case but she's kind of got that personality type anyway. I can't criticize though, because if I had to take all the calls of ticked off customers I would be a stress case too.

I just got all the ticked off emails -- much easier than phone calls. Don't worry I didn't call anyone a "clown-faced moron" even though I wanted to. What is the deal with people from NY state? They are so pissy (for lack of a better word). I had some emails from customers in NY and they were just all whiny and ticked off and . . . I'll just stop there.

No comments: