Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Big Time

I'm tired so this will probably be short but I've been aching to blog today so I will do so briefly before hitting the sack. Today my supervisor started having me do his job because he's going to be gone pretty much the rest of the week and the girl that's just under him will be gone on Wed. and half of Friday so he figured it would be easier to have me answer all the emails for the rest of the week. It's pretty dumb stuff and time consuming if you ask me. I don't know how he does it everyday without going nuts. "Hey can you ship this to Switzerland?", "Can you ship this item to Canada?" Most of the questions that are asked have the answer in PLAIN English on the Ebay listing -- ie "We Don't Ship Outside the US', shipping calculator at the bottom, a picture of the item, etc., etc. It's kind of nice for a change of pace. It's also nice to know that my supervisor trusts me enough to have me do this while he's gone. He may change his mind when he gets back. Anyway, I was just excited about it and wanted to share before going to bed.

4 comments:

Joel said...

Since you don't have any long term plans at this job, you should totally find new ways to answer these emails to inject some creativity:

"Good question, sir. Though it clearly says on our website that we won't mail things outside of the US, we are willing to hand deliver it. Simply add the cost of two plane tickets and one over-night hotel stay in Zurich to the price of your waffle maker (let's say $1500) and I will bring it to you myself, you clown-faced moron."

Then sign your boss's name.

AtomicU2 said...

That is SO awesome. I should totally do that. I feel like it all the time.

Zimm said...

This is exactly why you guys are my best friends.

Tha Docta said...

No kidding.