Sunday, September 10, 2006

Engrish Brog - Vol. 1:2

Well, this was to be posted last night with the other one but blogger was being stupid and not letting me upload pictures.

A few weeks ago I was in the mall and passed a shop selling sleeping mats with pictures of VW Beetles and the words "Bettle Bug" all over it. -- Nice!!

Just two days ago I saw a truck pull up to the school to pick up a student with the following painted on the side: "Anun Bakkery." I should write ads for these people -- Anun Bakkery, for all your bakking needs. Bakked goods . . . mmmm.

This is one of my favorites because it's one of those "What the . . . ?"


The front text reads: "Palliates." The back reads: "Relese the tension and welcome palliates of your new life style." That's right folks, welcome palliates into your life and I'm sure things will start looking up.


No caption necessary.

Tasto brand: RIDGE CUT POTATO CHIP NATURE IDENTICAL BARBEQUE FLAVOR. It tastes like all the natural barbeque I've ever found. It's just like the sap from the old barbeque trees back home.

This next one is also great. I bought a pair of dress slacks at the department store the other day. It was really inexpensive so I'm not expecting them to last long. Anyway, the makers of these slacks go to great lengths to try to make them look like they are imported from Italy. In fact sewn on the inside of the belt is "Emponi Givanno." Here is the tag on the inside - Commposition (Italians can mispell words in English), Viscose Kayon (Rayon?), and lastly I'm sure that Italians frequently mispell Italy - Itrly. I spell America wrong all the time.


No caption necessary.


One of the best things about this is where it comes from: The 7-11 catalog. That's right everyone, 7-11 puts out a catalog. It's actually quite good with reasonable prices. In fact, we just ordered a toaster and some glass bowls from the catalog. You don't have to pay shipping because you just pick it up at 7-11 in 3-5 days. Our town seems like it has 20 7-11 stores. Anyway this is a fan cover to give your fan that extra something. Actually it's to prevent your child from getting their fingers chopped off. The design for this one is "Baby Bare." Naked babies are kind of cute but who wants fifty of them on their fan cover.

Another one without a picture. I bought a pen that was actually made in Korea. It has a picture of a dog and has printed: "THE DOGS" and below that: "Artllst Collectlon." The back has the following: "Shih Tuz." That's my favorite kind of dog. I've always wanted a shih tuz.

5 comments:

Joel said...

Awesome! Keep 'em coming. It's making me Japan-sick (opposite of homesick?)

Zimm said...

I LOVE THE BLOGGS!! PLEASE TYPE AGAIN YOUR FUNNIES. YOU ARE BEST!

Tha Docta said...

Engrish is the best. Also Trea telling you to get out in Thai in the other post is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

John these made me laugh. I enjoy reding your blog. Miss you!

Joel said...

Hey man, where are you?