Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Alive and Kicking

I made it!! Here is my first post from Thailand. The flight was actually pretty good. It went by rather quickly and I was able to get probably 4-5 hrs. of sleep which is pretty good for me. I watched King Kong and thoroughly enjoyed it too. I spent the night in Bangkok and then we travelled drove up to Khon Kaen today. I got here this afternoon at about 2:30. I have met with some of the teachers at the school but should meet most of the rest tomorrow morning.

The townhouse is pretty good. It's about what I expected. It's pretty basic but will meet our needs. I took some pictures and emailed them to Kristen. I'll have to post some of them here for all to see (I don't have them with me right now or I would).

It's great to be back in Thailand although I of course miss Kristen and Trea. I can't wait until they get here. Then the fun is really going to begin.

I have to admit that I'm still a little nervous about teaching. I think it's just one of those things that I think I will just have to give it a little while and then I'll get into it and be comfortable. The nice thing is that everyone here at the school is so friendly and helpful so I should always feel like I can go to them for help with teaching. From what I've heard it sounds like I can go to them for help with just about anything.

Anyway, just a quick update before I head home and crash for the evening. I haven't had a whole lot of jet-lag this trip which is nice (knock on wood).

I Hope to update often.

5 comments:

Zimm said...

I'm excited for your future posts. Glad you made it okay.

Tha Docta said...

Good to hear you survived the flight. I too am looking forward to hearing more.

Zimm said...

I would have posted my comment in Thai but there's not enough keys on my keyboard.

Joel said...

Hey, congratulations on staying alive. Try and keep it up for another year. And post again soon.

PS - I know how you feel about the teaching thing. I had an interview recently and I realized how much there is to do teaching everyday all day. But it can be totally fun too. I'm sure you'll do awesome.

Zimm said...

So...you hangin' in there?