Thursday, November 10, 2005

The saga continues

I've got a lot of random, unrelated things to post about so I imagine this blog will kind of be all over the place. First let me begin with the saga at work. Our meeting last week was indeed about the time sheet. Basically "the boss man" said that we need to be at our desks all day ready to work when the work comes in. He acknowledged that it is a crappy situation sitting around all day and said that if it doesn't work for us we should look for another assignment with the temp co. I thought that was pretty fair -- considering that they're still paying us to do nothing 50% of the time. Then, things went pretty much back to normal. People hang around more (instead of going to their cars) but still come in at 9:30 and put down 8:30; leave at 3:50 and write down 4:30. One girl is a real estate agent on the side -- she comes in most days about 9:30, leaves from 11 to 2, and comes back in from 2 to 4:30 and puts down that she was in from 8:30 to 4:30.
Well, I had had enough and went and talked to "the boss man" (Kevin) this morning at 8:25 when nobody was in and just explained the situation to him. He said he would try to keep on top of it. About halfway through the day I thought nothing would be done but he talked to some other temps (I think those that wrote down 8:30 but came in after) and now the time sheet is on his desk. Hopefully, it will stay there and the problem will be solved. However things end up, I feel good because I've done what I could.

Last Friday was Chantrea's birthday. She's now 1. We celebrated on Sunday. Here are a few pictures -- before, during, and after.
It's amazing how fast a kid can go from having no idea what cake is to attacking it. It was so much fun watching her make such a mess.

As I'm sure you can see I'm having trouble getting these pictures to line up and I'm frustrated so I'm saying screw it and they're staying how they are.

And the after:



I feel like a dork for admitting this but with all this spare time at work (and at home for that matter) lately I've been trying to learn new things -- to challenge myself. I've been doing some reading but I'm not a big reader so the geography bug in me has come alive. I'm going to brag for a second here. I can name all 43 US presidents in order. Also, I can name the capitals to all 192 countries in the world. I can place most of them (the countries)on the map (everything except the small islands). I can name all 50 state capitals. I'm working on the state nicknames. I'd like to start learning the flags for each of the states and countries. I don't know why but I find it really fun.

Kristen went and applied for a job with Red Lobster today because her job at Bill Bateman's Bistro sucks. Get this: the other day she had a table leave without paying. Can you believe that? Well, there are a lot of reasons that it sucks but she got an offer from Red Lobster and will most likely take it and I'm happy about that because I want her to be happy.

So, I'm anxiously awaiting what Shawn has to say about the whole TO situation but I just want to put in my two cents and say that I'm glad that they finally woke up and canned his sorry @$$. My take is that they somehow thought that things would be different for him in Philly. Maybe they just thought that it was a losing team that made him what he was or maybe they just thought he needed a little more discipline. I look at it like a woman who marries a man knowing what he's like but thinking that he'll somehow change for her. Never happens. TO will always be the same old cocky, self-centered, loud-mouthed punk. He's the Dennis Rodman of the NFL and I think that he'll end up like Dennis Rodman. Undoubtedly, he'll get picked up next season (some other team thinking like the Eagles did that he'll change) but he won't be around too much longer because people will (like they did with Rodman) decide he's too much hassle.

Can you believe that we had weather in the 70's over the weekend? It's still pretty dang warm. Saturday we were raking leaves in short sleaves and I was sweating like crazy. Hello, it's NOVEMBER!!

Seems like there was something else I wanted to say but can't think of it now so I'll leave this ugly mess as it stands.

3 comments:

Joel said...

Good for you on the job thing. It sucks, but sometimes people just suck too.

Also, you ARE a dork. But I have more than my share of dorky habits/enjoyments/quirks as well, so I won't knock you too bad.

Zimm said...

That's a freakin' cute kid.

Zimm said...

Did you already go to Thailand or something?