Friday, September 09, 2005

Just Taking it Easy

Yeah, well I've been out of the loop for quite a while now. I'll blame it on the move and the stress of it all. We've been away from home for over a week now. We visited my grandmother in Delta, UT the weekend of the 28th and then headed off on our cross-country trip on the morning of the 29th. The first few days were pretty uneventful -- which is the way we wanted it -- no car trouble, Trea was pretty good, etc.

Nauvoo was a nice break. We both really enjoyed it -- Kristen for the first time and me again. The temple is beautiful! We weren't able to go inside (Trea) but just the outside -- WOW! At first Kristen was wondering if we would have enough to do in our day and a half there. Turns out we would have loved to stay for a couple more days. On our way out of Nauvoo we stopped at Carthage. It too was very nice. Of course everyone was listening to the audio and trying to have a spiritual experience and our daughter is alternating between laughter and being fussy. Luckily mormons are generally used to kids.

We had a GREAT time in Kokomo, Indiana. I'm so glad we were able to work out our schedule to visit Shawn and Dylan. You know how you can visit some people and it's like you just talked to them yesterday even though it's been a while . . . well, that's how it was with them. I seriously had so much fun just hanging out and playing with them. It's kind of weird to see all my good friends growing up and being adults (at least when we're not together). Both Shawn and Dylan have starter homes and kids and secure jobs -- well, I've got a kid. I think it would be so cool to live close to all my college buddies.

Now we are staying at my parents home for almost two weeks. We got here late Sunday night and have just been relaxing and taking it easy since then. My parents go to work and we just hang out and then play games and talk with them in the evenings. Tomorrow Kristen, Chantrea, and I are going to a storytelling workshop with my mom. She's going for work because she's a children's librarian and does story time and stuff like that. Should be pretty fun to hear professional storytellers.

Well, I hope to post a few more times before we head out to Pennsylvania and on to Maryland. Cross your fingers.

7 comments:

Zimm said...

Woot!

Dude, are you going to have a digital camera with you in Thailand? I would love to see pictures once in a while...of course, they probably don't have internet in Thailand. Or cars. Or tv or radios. I bet you have to send telegrams via mule and build your own house out of bamboo and stuff.

Tha Docta said...

Yeah, seriously. A Thailand blog would be most awesome. Make sure to watch those mules. They kick.

AtomicU2 said...

Yes, I'm pretty excited to blog from over there -- and yes with pictures. Kristen wants to start a blog when we get there too.

Joel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joel said...

Man, I hope we'll be worth hanging out with too. We don't have secure jobs or houses or kids. Can we still be in the cool kids club?

Anonymous said...

You don't send telegrams by mule in Thailand - water buffalo or elephant or monkey.

Zimm said...

Joel, since you don't have any of those things, you'll probably be able to do something FUN with these guys instead of sitting around talking about kids and playing video games in your pajamas. Not that that isn't fun, but you know what I mean.