Monday, May 30, 2005

Gotta Love the Three-Day Weekend

Well, it's already Memorial Day -- seems like this year just started about two months ago. Time flies. Even more so when you've got a kid. I don't know why that is but it sure seems to be the case for me. We decided to just stay home this holiday weekend. Kristen has a lot of schoolwork and work to catch up on and I didn't mind just taking it easy so we've just been kicking it here at the old apartment. It's pouring today. Feel bad for those who were planning to barbeque today. I was hoping that perhaps we could maybe go swimming now that the apartment pool is open. Saturday and yesterday were so hot and sunny so I was really looking forward to it. So much for that.

Things have pretty much been the same around here, except that last Sunday we had the pleasure of seeing Jessica Ennis and son Luke. That was a lot of fun to see friends that we haven't seen in a while. Luke is just two months younger than Chantrea but he's a featherweight. Trea looks even chunkier next to that little guy. As I said before it was good to see friends again but it made me miss my college buddies even more.

So, I'm getting to the point where I'm trying to decide what I want to do with my life -- with a little push from Kirsten (ie she wants to know where we're headed so she basically gets me to sit down and look at things that I don't even want to think about). It's so hard to make a decision on where you want your life to go. Well, right now I'm seriously considering three major career choices (not that it couldn't change at the drop of a hat). Here are the three: translator (probably Thai), speech pathologist, and development work (working with non-profits, probably abroad). Of course there are pros and cons to all three so I'm having a hard time picking which I would rather do.

Anyway, enough about my anxiety with what I want to do with my life. For now, we're just plugging along. I work and Kristen's trying to finish up her schoolwork. Trea started crawling this week. It's no longer rolling around to get to things. She's got this goofy crawl (kind of like a spastic inchworm). It's really funny to watch.

Well, I'm signing off for now.


-----------------------------------end transmission---------------------------------
(thought I'd bring it back for kicks)

4 comments:

Tha Docta said...

Luke is a beast. He's just all muscle and no fat.

Anonymous said...

Unlike his father.

-Insert Sopranos-style "Oooohhhhh" here-

Johnny, I'd almost given up on you.

And I'm with you on the whole "figuring out what to do with life" thing. I put it off as much as possile as well. Have you thought about phlebotomy? Seems successful... :)

Tha Docta said...

Oooh, zing! Good one, Joel.

Zimm said...

Translator: Boring. Axe that.

Speech pathologist: Satisfying, probably low paying, but fulfilling.

Abroad: hard, but adventurous.

I think you should become a secret agent that works abroad and from spaceships. Woot.